I was a bit gutted that we didn't even make it to transfer last round.
That one lonely embryo was rubbish.
So, here we are.
About to start yet ANOTHER cycle at yet ANOTHER clinic.
As I'm screaming (literally) towards 40 (which was my original self-imposed cut-off), I decided to pull out the big guns. Let's not waste anymore time or money. It's time to try Genea. Apparently they have the highest success rates & Dr Mark Bowman is well-regarded for his second (or third in our case) opinions.
After what felt like a relatively rushed but thorough consultation, I signed my life away & signed us up for another shot at hope. Dr Bowman is trying something different, & that's all that I ask. He said if it's going to happen (& he made no promises) then it will happen within the first couple of rounds.
I feel stupid for staying at IVFA for so long doing the same protocol over & over! I should have demanded a reevaluation or moved on after 3 cycles. And then Bump just copied the same protocol. I don't blame Bump. I think they're fine for a couple of tries, especially as they're so affordable, but that comes at a cost - they don't monitor you as much which means there's an element of guesswork involved with timings. It's educated guesswork, but after so many unsuccessful attempts, I needed more. And you have to pay for that.
So after going on Lucrin injections on day 20 of my cycle (CD20) to flatten out my hormone levels, I just had to wait for my period to start before adding Gonal-f and Luveris injections (for follicle growth). I originally asked the nurses how late my period could be on Lucrin as we have a holiday booked (for my 40th) at the end of September.. they said only about 4 days at the most. That would be perfect. At least we'd know about a week out from the trip whether I can drink or not and I'd have a bit of time to regather. So we waited. And waited. And waited.